Are fixed fees on the horizon?
Clinco does not believe in cheap case preparation. This is not safe practice for the injured patient (or the solicitor). However, we like to innovate and have found a way for clinical negligence cases to be prepared at the investigative stage for a fixed fee which will satisfy ATE insurers and fit into a future fixed costs regime. We have several suggestions for saving costs without compromising quality of work.
If you are not already a Clinco partner firm, why not think about becoming one? Our Legal Director, Sarah Wallace, who is an ex-double CN-panel member, will come to your offices and review your needs to prepare a bespoke service level for your department – ensuring you get consistent case preparation to your exact requirements at a cost which suits your case budget.
0845 835 0195
Should I go paperless with my medical records?
At Clinco we think this question is well worth considering.If you are a CN head of department, you will have considered going paperless or paper-light. We know of firms that now only work with electronic records.
This change has come about quite fast over the last year or so. We also know of many firms who still work only with hard copies.
Why go paperless?
- Ease of fee earner access to records on screen, any time
- Instant yet secure transfer of records to expert and counsel via email link or disc
- No records clutter or shelves full of multiple hard copy sets
- Tamper-proof and no missing/dog-eared pages
- Identical, clean sets always available for disclosure or printing
- Costs less than you think and saves money on time, storage and DX
- Easy to back up, archive and retrieve
Our own observation is that many firms do not understand how electronic records management will fit into their working practice and don’t have time to engage in the research required to implement the change.
How can Clinco help?
At Clinco, we have many years of experience in working with electronic records and our background in practice means that we understand the issues and concerns involved. If required, we can come to your offices to show you what is possible and advise on the IT aspects and practicalities, then put together a plan to suit your needs.
Like many lawyers, we like our hard copies but we have come to appreciate the benefits of electronic sets – and no one who has made the change has looked back. Even a paper-light system with one hard copy master-set of medical records, plus an electronic set alongside for replication and transfer, would save time and space in most unreformed CN departments.
We work on these logistical projects alongside our main work of collating and analysing medical evidence. Let us know what we can do to assist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinco is looking for an Administrative Assistant who will report to our busy expert collation team.
What sort of a person are we looking for?
This post will only suit someone with an aptitude for organisation who is good at processing large amounts of written information (ie keen reader).
What will your duties include?
- Identifying record categories and separating them accordingly
- Placing records accurately in date order
- Identifying duplicate records
- Recording time spent
- Generally assisting casework team with routine administrative tasks eg pagination, photocopying
- Collection and delivery of post, general organisational and housekeeping tasks as needed
30hrs per week / 9am to 3pm / Monday to Friday
Apply via email with CV to:
No agencies, please.
Clinco has now collated the medical records in over two thousand cases. We ordered in some fruit to celebrate!